I changed my environment so that nnml is my primary select method. This has made a bad interaction between gnus-message-archive-group and gnus-inews-mark-as-read. My gnus-message-archive-group consists of (MATCH . GROUP) pairs. The interpretation of the GROUP in the absence of a method prefix assumes that nnarchive will be used, but I want to Gcc right into my nnml groups, which don't normally have a prefix because they're primary method groups. Nonetheless, I can put an "nnml:" prefix on them anyway, so the storing of articles works as I intended. However, because of the slight difference in the perception of the method (implicit method normally, with an exceptional case to avoid nnarchive interpretation in g-m-a-g), the call to gnus-group-mark-article-read fails to achieve the marking-as-read result desired. I would like to make the following small change in order to get around this problem, but I'm not sure it won't break something else in the (probably much more typical) case where the mail backend used for Gcc is a secondary method. What's needed is to ensure that, ultimately, the group is referred to in its most "natural" way, which is to say, with the implicit method of primary groups. Could this be reviewed and applied if it's safe? If it's not safe, is there an alternative solution?