* HTML weirdoes
@ 1998-12-02  0:29 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
                   ` (4 more replies)
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1998-12-02  0:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

How come so many people post HTML containing the following directive?

<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>

I use a white foreground by default, and when one specifies the
background to be white and "forgets" about the foreground, things look
slightly invisible.

Now, I can set `w3-user-colors-take-precedence', but that's a sledge
hammer.  I think something like
`(setq w3-if-the-background-color-specified-is-the-same-as-my-default-foreground,-then-the-foreground-color-should-be "black")'
would be nice.

Of course, it would be nice if "the same as" would have been "almost
the same as", but that's rather difficult to do, I'd imaging.  And
these HTML weirdoes only post with a pure white background, so "the
same as" would do the trick for me, I think...

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen