* IMAP Performance
@ 2001-04-15 18:22 Johan Parin
From: Johan Parin @ 2001-04-15 18:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know what I'm doing wrong (I certainly hope I'm doing
something wrong), but I have severe performance problem with moving
messages to IMAP folders.

Experiment :  100 1-line messages created.

Gnus
  Move between IMAP folders :           18 1/2 min
  Copy between IMAP folders :           12 min

Netscape/Win
  Copy between IMAP folders :           about 2 seconds

(the folders are on the same IMAP server)

What is the problem here? It surely shouldn't be this slow. The IMAP
server responds like this:

* OK tor Solstice (tm) Internet Mail Server (tm) IMAP4 service @ 2.0 - at Sun, 15 Apr 2001 20:08:39 +0200 (MET DST)

Any clue as to what is going on here?

Johan
--
Johan Parin <Johan.Parin@abc.se>
"Lisp is a programmable programming language" - John Foderaro