Quite a long time back, I recall there being some hackery done in Gnus, or perhaps W3, regarding proper inlining of images within a text/html message. As I see things today, in CVS-current 5.8.4, the inlining doesn't happen at all, and instead the cid:foo identifier is displayed in [square brackets] as the "content" of the text/html message. Oddly, even the content ID string dispalyed is mangled, being cut off at the first `.' -- is that perhaps the bug? Or is there some knob I'm supposed to have twisted in order to get the image to inline with the text/html directly? If you `C-d', you can see all the component parts, of course, but I wouldn't think I'd have to work that hard -- it's already supposed to show the image in question. Test message follows, using a smallish .gif image. "M-x w3-version RET" reveals "4.0pre.46", which is current in xemacs-packages. --karl "Gnus, or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love HTML"