From: Karl Kleinpaste <karl@charcoal.com>
Subject: Oort releases
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2001 15:07:14 -0500	[thread overview]

Having commented a few moments ago about pGnus releases, it occurs to
me that Oort is essentially never being updated.  That is, Oort has
been in progress for...well, I'm not sure, but it's well over a year,
and we've only gotten up to 0.04 so far.  I'll grant that Lars' former
habits of releasing more than once a day at times was perhaps
excessive, but shouldn't we get a consistent tarball out to folks a
bit more regularly than we have up to this point?  oGnus 0.04 has been
in existence for months, and there really are people who would like to
use the under-development branch without cutting the soles of their
feet on the bleeding edge of daily-CVS' potential hosage.

If Oort isn't actually killing anybody off this week, could we hand
users a new version, and move on to 0.05?