* Seeing uuencoded pictures in-line
@ 1998-08-26 22:00 Anders Melchiorsen
From: Anders Melchiorsen @ 1998-08-26 22:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I would like to be able to see uuencoded pictures inside my XEmacs
window automatically.

I believe it is working correctly if the picture is part of a MIME
message but I would also like it to work with posts that simply
include the uuencoded image as part of the message.

Currently I go to the Article menu and select Uudecode which will
generate a line I can click on to get it into xv. That is cumbersome
and I would much rather like it if the image was just shown
automatically (or after I had pressed some key
combination). Preferably without creating a temporary file.

Possible?

--
Regards, Anders
(address is valid)

Hadley's Law of Clothing:
If you like it, they don't have it in your size.

* Re: Seeing uuencoded pictures in-line
@ 1998-08-27  3:14 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-08-27  3:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Anders Melchiorsen <postmaster@and.nospam.kampsax.k-net.dk.jprc.com> writes:
> I would much rather like it if the image was just shown
> automatically (or after I had pressed some key
> combination). Preferably without creating a temporary file.

`X v u', spawning xv(1).

Use liberally with the process mark as needed.

Also consider the value in:

(setq gnus-uu-unmark-articles-not-decoded t)

On the other hand, it would be nice if `X v u' would decode and
display right in the *Article* buffer.  I believe I've asked Lars
about this before, and it's on the todo list.