* How do I mark messages for deletion?
@ 2003-10-31 14:31 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 2003-10-31 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

This sounds like a very basic question, and it probably is, but I've been
using gnus for years and don't quite have a handle on this.

I've been using auto-expire of most of my groups.  I know that eventually the
expiry process will run and delete the messages.  If I don't want the message
to be deleted, I either tick it ("!" mark") or use 'd' ("r" mark).

No that I am using spam.el, ham folders with auto-expiry set will not be
trained as ham.  Messages with the 'E' mark are not passed on for ham
training.  I understand why that is but that is my alternative?  For example,
I have subscribe to a mailing where I need to keep very few messages.
auto-expiry automatically trims the group's contents for me.  But if I want
to use tihs for ham training, I cannot use auto-expiry.  SO how do I delete
messages without using it?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                    Phone: (201) 209-2467
Harborside Financial Center                 Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza Two                          E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
Jersey City, NJ 07311                 www.principiapartners.com