* Problems, getting new news
@ 2004-08-23 12:56 Stefan Reichör
From: Stefan Reichör @ 2004-08-23 12:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

I use the developer version of gnus.
Since some time I get no new news for some groups.
I use the agent to download the articles.

When I fetch the articles, only some groups are considerd.
In the other groups I get no indication, that there are new articles
available.

See the messages for a fetching session:

Fetching headers for comp.lang.lisp...
Fetching articles for comp.lang.lisp...
Fetching headers for comp.lang.python...
Fetching articles for comp.lang.python...
Fetching headers for de.comp.text.tex...
Fetching articles for de.comp.text.tex...
Finished fetching articles into the Gnus agent

The articles in the above groups are correctly fetched.
But there are some other groups, where I didn't get new data since
some months.

Any ideas, how to debug that situation?

I'd really like to read gnu.emacs.gnus, comp.emacs and others again!

I experimented a bit and found out, that I can subscribe new groups
and everything works with the new subscribed groups.
I have some ticked articles in my already subscribed (no longer
working) groups. It would be fine, if I could keep that old articles
and could start reading that groups again.

How can I debug that situation?

Stefan.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2004-08-23 12:56 UTC | newest]