From: Christopher Davis <ckd@loiosh.kei.com>
Subject: Re: 5.2.20 nits/fixes (with patches for most)
Date: 21 Jun 1996 13:24:07 -0400	[thread overview]

LMI> == Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no>

 ckd> Imagine the Subject of this message, with all but the final paren in
 ckd> bold blue Courier, with the last character in light gray italic
 ckd> Courier.

 LMI> R +[  21: Christopher Davis   ] Re: 5.2.20 nits/fixes (with patches for
 LMI>     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

 LMI> This part is underlined.  Or that's what supposed to happen, in any
 LMI> case.

No, that's what happens with the default settings.  Shouldn't the code be
able to make things look good (or at least not bad) with
other-than-default settings?

I use bold blue Courier for the summary-selection face (which is what I
use for selected messages in summary buffers).  I use darkseagreen2 as a
background for mouse-selectable areas.  I want the mouse-selection area to
encompass the bracketed lines+email address and the subject, because the
subject is easier to hit with the mouse.

I use "%U%R%z%I%(%[%3L: %-14,14A%] %s%)\n" as gnus-summary-line-format in
most newsgroups (some I tweak a bit, but in general that's what I use).

If gnus-highlight-selected-summary is going to highlight only part of the
line, the part it highlights should be orthagonal to the part highlighted
for mouse selection.  Maybe %< and %> could delimit it?