* little nits with 5.2.15
@ 1996-06-13 20:56 Christopher Davis
From: Christopher Davis @ 1996-06-13 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

(Okay, 5.2.16 is already out, but I don't think it fixes any of these.)

(All of these are with emacs-version "19.14 XEmacs Lucid (beta24)" and
tm-7.68; yes, I know tm is responsible for some of this, but I figure
other people on the ding list are using tm also...)

Fixes, workarounds, suggestions for dealing with the following are welcome:

- [tm bug] middle-click on a URL in a MIME article leaves point in the
  MIME-View buffer.  (middle-click in a non-MIME article doesn't.)

- [tm bug, related] 's' in a MIME-View buffer doesn't go back to the
  summary buffer (really annoying given the previous bug).

- point seems to jump around in the summary buffer when selecting the next
  article; this didn't happen with 5.0.15 (on beta21, but I don't think
  anything in that area of XEmacs changed).

- [tm bug?] Is there a way to get message-mode to add my .signature after
  I hit C-c C-c but before tm-edit MIME-fies the message?  tm-edit doesn't
  put in the proper signature separator.  (This should only happen in news
  buffers; mail shouldn't get a .signature unless I ask for it.)

- the signature separator, like mail-header-separator, should be added to
  paragraph-separate when in message-mode so that filling the last
  paragraph of a message doesn't fill your .signature with it.

- it would be nice if you could specify which headers should be added at
  setup time and which should be added at post time.  I have a random
  organization chooser (code available if anyone cares, it uses cookie.el)
  but it'd be nice to know what organization a post will wind up with
  while I'm writing it.

- W w is broken somehow; it's filling things without paying any attention
  to paragraph separators.  I am using filladapt, but it didn't do this
  before.
--
Christopher Davis <ckd@kei.com> <URL: http://www.kei.com/homepages/ckd/ >
"I conclude that the CDA is unconstitutional and that the First Amendment