* Group-specific signatures?
@ 1996-10-01 16:26 Roger Williams
From: Roger Williams @ 1996-10-01 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

I vaguely recall that someone came up with a general solution for
automagically selecting group-specific signatures, but a perfunctory
check of the archives doesn't turn up anything.

Anyone have a better memory than I?  Thanks!

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering        consulting & turnkey product development

* Re: Group-specific signatures?
@ 1996-10-02  2:06 ` Andrew J Cosgriff
From: Andrew J Cosgriff @ 1996-10-02  2:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

"rw" == Roger Williams <roger@coelacanth.com> writes:

rw> I vaguely recall that someone came up with a general solution for
rw> automagically selecting group-specific signatures, but a
rw> perfunctory check of the archives doesn't turn up anything.

Yeah.  The TM package (Tools for MIME, see the Gnus FAQ for locations)
has a file called "signature.el" which does this.  Real handy (and you
don't just have to do it by newsgroup, of course, it'll do it by who
you're sending to, or whatever else you like.  It'll even use the BBDB
if you want).

Enjoy,
 Andrew.
--