* Generating the info-files under zsh
@ 1996-01-10 13:13 Andrew Eskilsson
From: Andrew Eskilsson @ 1996-01-10 13:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

When browsing the gnus info-files, and jumping into the Index section
I see:

zsh: unmatched '
zsh: command not found: ChangeLog
zsh: command not found: ChangeLog
zsh: command not found: ChangeLog
.
.

Yep I have zsh as login-shell, and are there any1 else out there with
the same problems, or have I done something wrong as usual?

	/andy
--
 Don't walk in front of me, I might be unable to follow you.
 Don't walk after me, I might be unable to lead you.

* Re: Generating the info-files under zsh, solved
@ 1996-01-10 17:28 ` Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1996-01-10 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

/ Andrew Eskilsson <mpt95aes@pt.hk-r.se> wrote:

| Yep I have zsh as login-shell, and are there any1 else out there with
| the same problems, or have I done something wrong as usual?

As usual it was me, I have to switch binary for my shell when logging
onto a solaris machine, and this is done in my .zshenv file through an
exec command, probably loosing some informatin at the same time.

Any hints for some other way is welcome.

	/andy
--

@ 1996-01-10 19:10 ` d. cord hall
From: d. cord hall @ 1996-01-10 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

ð thus on Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:13:09 +0100, Andrew virtually scripted...

Andrew> When browsing the gnus info-files, and jumping into the Index
Andrew> section I see:

Andrew> Yep I have zsh as login-shell, and are there any1 else out there
Andrew> with the same problems, or have I done something wrong as usual?

unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem, and yes I'm running zsh on
linux 1.3.20 kernal (ELF platform).  i do know there are a couple of nodes
missing here and there.  possible info file corruption?

d.
--
<<And I miss you... like the deserts miss the rain.>>
				~ everything but the girl, missing

* Re: Generating the info-files under zsh
@ 1996-01-12 16:58   ` Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1996-01-12 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

    d.> ð thus on Wed, 10 Jan 1996 14:13:09 +0100, Andrew virtually
    d.> scripted...
    Andrew> When browsing the gnus info-files, and jumping into the
    Andrew> Index section I see:

    Andrew> Yep I have zsh as login-shell, and are there any1 else out
    Andrew> there with the same problems, or have I done something
    Andrew> wrong as usual?

    d.> unfortunately I can't reproduce this problem, and yes I'm
    d.> running zsh on linux 1.3.20 kernal (ELF platform).  i do know
    d.> there are a couple of nodes missing here and there.  possible
    d.> info file corruption?

I too have zsh as a login shell, but I'm having more trouble with Perl
(texi2html).  The (September) Gnus info files have been bad for a long
time.  The current problem is with the ``A Programmer's Guide to
Gnus'' node.

--
steve@miranova.com baur

* Re: Generating the info-files under zsh
@ 1996-01-14  6:10     ` Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1996-01-14  6:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> The (September) Gnus info files have been bad for a long time.  The current
> problem is with the ``A Programmer's Guide to Gnus'' node.

This node is a problem in Info as well, I can't select it from the menu, but I
can select the next one and then go to the previous.  In various places it
shows up as "A Programmer@'s" or "A Programmer's" Guide, and in the printed
version there's an grave accent on the s.

greg

* Re: Generating the info-files under zsh
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-15 23:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

gsstark@MIT.EDU (Greg Stark) writes:

> > The (September) Gnus info files have been bad for a long time.  The current
> > problem is with the ``A Programmer's Guide to Gnus'' node.
>
> This node is a problem in Info as well, I can't select it from the
> menu, but I can select the next one and then go to the previous.  In
> various places it shows up as "A Programmer@'s" or "A Programmer's"
> Guide, and in the printed version there's an grave accent on the s.

I've now fixed the latter typo -- but I don't know what to do about
the former problem.  Does that mean that "'" is an illegal character
in node names?

--
Home is where the cat is.