* T-shirt sales
@ 1996-07-09 14:32 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-09 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I have now shipped about 25 shirts, and another 25 or so have
been ordered using credit card, which puts us over the half-way mark.
Phew!  It looks like I won't be eating all these t-shirts myself after
all.  :-)

It also looks like 100 shirts was just about the right amount, and the
mix of sizes also seems to be working out OK.  I was beginning to
worry that nobody would want the M shirts, but then I got a few orders
from Japan.  :-)  So, all the sizes are selling rather nicely in
proportion to how many I printed of each size.  *Spooky*.

Hm...  There are (I guess) quite a few orders coming in the mail, so
I'll probably be switching off the credit card order thing when there
are ~80 shirts ordered/shipped and go to "sold out" status.  Then I'll
wait a week for all the orders to trickle in, and then sell any
remaining shirts on an "ask first" basis.  So today may be the final
day it's possible to order by credit card.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: T-shirt sales
@ 1996-07-09 14:59 ` William Perry
From: William Perry @ 1996-07-09 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:
>Well, I have now shipped about 25 shirts, and another 25 or so have
>been ordered using credit card, which puts us over the half-way mark.
>Phew!  It looks like I won't be eating all these t-shirts myself after
>all.  :-)
>
>It also looks like 100 shirts was just about the right amount, and the
>mix of sizes also seems to be working out OK.  I was beginning to
>worry that nobody would want the M shirts, but then I got a few orders
>from Japan.  :-)  So, all the sizes are selling rather nicely in
>proportion to how many I printed of each size.  *Spooky*.
>
>Hm...  There are (I guess) quite a few orders coming in the mail, so
>I'll probably be switching off the credit card order thing when there
>are ~80 shirts ordered/shipped and go to "sold out" status.  Then I'll
>wait a week for all the orders to trickle in, and then sell any
>remaining shirts on an "ask first" basis.  So today may be the final
>day it's possible to order by credit card.

 Wow, I'm glad I just ordered mine via credit card then.  So when does the
red gnus t-shirt come out? :)

-Bill P.

* Re: T-shirt sales
@ 1996-07-14 13:55   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-14 13:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

William Perry <wmperry@spry.com> writes:

>  Wow, I'm glad I just ordered mine via credit card then.  So when does the
> red gnus t-shirt come out? :)

:-)

Well, it was fun doing the t-shirt and all, but I got (slightly) tired
of packing t-shirts at the very end.  If there is a Red Gnus t-shirt,
I'll bump the price up by $1 and use tyvek envelopes instead.

If Red Gnus is finished by Xmas, then perhaps the t-shirts will be
done by next June?  :-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen