* Sweatshirt ordering information
@ 1996-10-11 10:59 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-11 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

For those of you who don't have Web access, here's the page as
formatted by w3:

Red Gnus College Sweatshirt

The autumn is upon us and winter is drawing near, so it's time to put away the
September Gnus t-shirts and buy some Red Gnus sweatshirts.

As opposed to the t-shirt, this sweatshirt is available to the good people on
the ding mailing list only. Kinda. I won't be using any Stasi-like enquiry
methods to verify the identity of the people who order the shirt -- I will
ship to anybody who orders. However, the shirt is only announced on the ding
mailing list. Shh! Don't mention this anywhere else until after it has been
printed. Top secret!

The money generated by the sale of this sweatshirt will go towards, if my
calculations are correct, buying one large bottle of Coca Cola. And perhaps
one small chocolate if the currency rates swing my way. Yay!

The sweatshirt isn't one of those really, really thick ones, but it has that
fluffy, soft stuff on the inside, so it seems like it might be snug and
warm. I haven't actually tried one on myself, so I'm not sure.

The front of the shirt won't have any printing, but the back will have a
rather huge gnu with a Red Gnus legend in a small font. This design isn't 100%
finalized -- the legend will probably change slighty. On the whole, however,
this is what it'll look like. The image will be printed in red.

The shirts are available in M, L, XL and XXL. The available colors are black,
off-white, red, kinda dark green, dark blue, yellow, and violet. I would
imagine that printing red on red or violet won't be very useful, but the other
colors should work ok. Choose what color shirt and size you want. Remember --
all the shirts will have the image printed in red.

The shirt costs USD 28. Packaging (per package, no matter how many shirts you
order) is USD 1.

Postage per shirt (in USD):

                   Ground       Air
Norway:              --          4
Scandinavia:          3          4
Europe:               4          8
World:                6         10

Payment by credit card will not be available. You can either pay by sending me
cash or sending me EuroCheques. If you send me cash, be sure to conceal the
money properly. (Sending cash sounds kinda dangerous, but I've been doing it
for years and have never had any problems.) Send me any «major» currency --
Western European, US, Canadian, Australian, Japanese -- it doesn't matter to
me. Just calculate how much the order will be in USD and then do the
conversion to your local currency and send me that. (No coins, though --
Currencies.) However, if you send me EuroCheques, be sure to make them out in
Norwegian currency.

Here's an example order:

A. Person
23 Odd Number Road
Stratford-upon-Avon, Hartfordshire
United Kingdoms

1 XXL black        28
1 M yellow         28
packaging           1
Air Mail Postage   16
---------------------
               USD 73
               ------
            GBP 46.69 => GBP 47

The money should be sent to:

Lars Ingebrigtsen
Bjerregaardsgt. 56 / 2
0174 Oslo
Norway

I need to have your order by Friday the 25th October 1996. (1996-10-25.) All
orders received after this date will be returned. Air Mail from most places in
the world takes one week to reach Norway, so I would suggest sending the order
well in advance of that date.

I will place the order with the shirt printing people the following day. I
expect it'll take ~5 days to get the shirts printed. I'll send them as soon as
I get them, so you should expect to get them (if you use Air Mail shipping) in
the first or second week of November.

Happy shopping!

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

only message in thread, other threads:[~1996-10-11 10:59 UTC | newest]