* *.SCORE question
@ 1996-07-10 23:33 Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1996-07-10 23:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wish to exlude all of my mail from scoring.  According to the FAQ,
the following will work:

((adapt ignore)
 (local (gnus-use-scoring nil))
 (exclude-files "all.SCORE"))

However, given that I have gnus-use-long-file-name set to nil, where
should I put this score file, and what should I name it?  On the same
note, given that I use nnfolder for mail, how would I override the
previous on a single folder?

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@schenley.com)

* Re: *.SCORE question
@ 1996-07-14 13:53 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-14 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Michael Welsh Duggan" <md5i@schenley.com> writes:

> I wish to exlude all of my mail from scoring.  According to the FAQ,
> the following will work:
>
> ((adapt ignore)
>  (local (gnus-use-scoring nil))
>  (exclude-files "all.SCORE"))
>
> However, given that I have gnus-use-long-file-name set to nil, where
> should I put this score file, and what should I name it?

"~/News/nnfolder:all/SCORE", for instance.

> On the same note, given that I use nnfolder for mail, how would I
> override the previous on a single folder?

Put something similar in a group-specific score file.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: *.SCORE question
@ 1996-07-23 22:54   ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1996-07-23 22:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no> writes:

> "Michael Welsh Duggan" <md5i@schenley.com> writes:
>
> > I wish to exlude all of my mail from scoring.  According to the FAQ,
> > the following will work:
> >
> > ((adapt ignore)
> >  (local (gnus-use-scoring nil))
> >  (exclude-files "all.SCORE"))
> >
> > However, given that I have gnus-use-long-file-name set to nil, where
> > should I put this score file, and what should I name it?
>
> "~/News/nnfolder:all/SCORE", for instance.

Unfortunately, I can't do this as I am using NTEmacs, and `:' is not
valid in a file name.

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@schenley.com)

* Re: *.SCORE question
@ 1996-07-24  0:42     ` Roger Williams
From: Roger Williams @ 1996-07-24  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  >> "~/News/nnfolder:all/SCORE", for instance.

  > Unfortunately, I can't do this as I am using NTEmacs, and `:' is
  > not valid in a file name.

nnheader-translate-file-chars should be translating these to valid
characters for you.

Check the value of nnheader-file-name-translation-alist -- for
Windoze, it ought to be ((58 . 95) (43 . 45)), which means that the
`:' character will be translated to the `_' character.

The score file will then be "~/news/nnfolder_all/score".

--
Roger Williams                         finger me for my PGP public key
Coelacanth Engineering        consulting & turnkey product development