* why the '+' ?
@ 1996-04-09  4:53 Justin Zaglio
From: Justin Zaglio @ 1996-04-09  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi!

Maybe I missed this answer a while back, but why does nnml, for
example, create two sets of groups: one with a + and one without
(e.g. nnml:mail.misc and nnml+justin:mail.misc).  I'd like to do away
with one; it doesn't matter which.  I tried setting
gnus-secondary-select-methods to '((nnml "")), but it doesn't like
this when moving articles between groups (complains about wrong types
when it expects a string and gets a nil).

Can someone shed some light on the +'s?  It doesn't break anything,
but it--at least as far as I can tell--doesn't *DO* anything either.

Thanks for your time.

->justin

BTW: .68/19.30

* Re: why the '+' ?
@ 1996-04-11  0:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-04-11  0:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justin Zaglio <justin@watsun.cc.columbia.edu> writes:

> Maybe I missed this answer a while back, but why does nnml, for
> example, create two sets of groups: one with a + and one without
> (e.g. nnml:mail.misc and nnml+justin:mail.misc).  I'd like to do away
> with one; it doesn't matter which.  I tried setting
> gnus-secondary-select-methods to '((nnml "")), but it doesn't like
> this when moving articles between groups (complains about wrong types
> when it expects a string and gets a nil).

Gnus has altered the functions for generating group names slightly.
If you have a server that's defined as `(nnml "justin")', the groups
will now be named "nnml+justin:whatever".  Just kill the old
(un-justiny) groups.