* Reordering topics
@ 1995-11-22  6:39 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-11-22  6:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

So, here we have a nice topic hierarchy:

Gnus
  misc
       10: news.admin.misc
        2: news.admin.abuse
    Miskit
        4: comp.mail.readers
  My Mail
     1245: gnus-bug
   356E18: mail.ding

So, I want to move the "Miskit" topic from the "misc" topic into the
"My Mail" topic.   How do I specify that I want to do it?  I kill the
"Miskit" topic with `C-k' as usual, and then I move point to, uhm, "My
Mail" and press `C-y'.  Then "Miskit" becomes a subtopic of "My
Mail".  If you `C-y' on a group, then "Miskit" will become a top-level
topic.

Now, this works, but I find it incredibly finicky.  It also means that
I can't order topics inside each sub-topic -- when I `C-y' on a topic,
the yanked topic becomes the last subtopic of that topic.

Are there other newsreaders with hierarchical group displays?  How do
thay do it?  Would it help with a separate topic buffer for
reordering?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen