* Tree display in buffer-configuration
@ 1996-01-18  6:55 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1996-01-18  6:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

This probably isn't a bug; I just don't quite get the buffer-configuration
stuff quite yet.  Here's what I'm trying to do:

(gnus-add-configuration
  '(article
    '(vertical 1.0
        (horizontal 0.25
          (summary 1.0 point)
          (group 0.25))
        (horizontal 1.0
          (article 1.0)
          (tree 0.25)))))

Now, why won't the lower portion containing the article and tree buffers
grow larger than the depth of the tree?  It's quite funny having a one line
article buffer but also quite annoying.  I can sometimes get it to work
like I think it should if I select articles with RET instead of SPC.

Also, is it possible to have the currently selected article highlighted in
the tree display?  This would be quite nice.

 - J<

* Re: Tree display in buffer-configuration
@ 1996-01-20  5:24 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-20  5:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@UH.EDU> writes:

> Now, why won't the lower portion containing the article and tree buffers
> grow larger than the depth of the tree?  It's quite funny having a one line
> article buffer but also quite annoying.

You probably want to set `gnus-tree-minimize-window' to nil.  Perhaps
it should be that by default?

> Also, is it possible to have the currently selected article highlighted in
> the tree display?  This would be quite nice.

Uhmn...  Isn't it?  It should be...

--
Home is where the cat is.

* Re: Tree display in buffer-configuration
@ 1996-01-20  6:48   ` Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1996-01-20  6:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

LMI> You probably want to set `gnus-tree-minimize-window' to nil.

Urg.  And there it is, right in the documentation, staring me in the face.
You win some, you lose some.

LMI> Perhaps it should be that by default?

I think it's a toss up.  The current default violates the principle of
least surprise but it also makes sense for any configuration not using
horizontal splits.

>> Also, is it possible to have the currently selected article highlighted
>> in the tree display?  This would be quite nice.

LMI> Uhmn...  Isn't it?  It should be...

I'm using a text display so perhaps it won't show up.  Can emacs (19.30)
still not highlight part of a line on tty mode?

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-22  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jason L Tibbitts III <tibbs@hpc.uh.edu> writes:

> >> Also, is it possible to have the currently selected article highlighted
> >> in the tree display?  This would be quite nice.
>
> LMI> Uhmn...  Isn't it?  It should be...
>
> I'm using a text display so perhaps it won't show up.  Can emacs (19.30)
> still not highlight part of a line on tty mode?

No highlighting is possible under Emacs 19.30 on ttys.  However,
XEmacs 19.13 can do that.