* gnus-group-line-format %c format questions
@ 1996-01-18 16:45 Sten Drescher
From: Sten Drescher @ 1996-01-18 16:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I have a couple of questions about the %c (short [compressed]
group name) format.

	First, is it possible to adjust how 'agressively' it collapses
the name?  In 0.26, it left 2 segments of the name uncompressed, but in
0.29 it's only leaving one.  Given the number of .announce groups I have
subscribed, it gets confusing - is 't.announce' texasnet.announce or
texas.announce?  Ideally, I'd like it to observe the field width
specification (%-20c) and collapse the name from left to right until it
fits in the specified width (so that, say, comp.unix.sys5.r4 would be
left alone, but news.admin.net-abuse.misc would collapse to
n.a.net-abuse.misc, but I'd settle for being able to specify how many
segments to leave uncompressed.

	Second, is it possible to get %c to leave off the select method?

	In another question, somewhat related to my second question, is
it possible to browse your default server in order to re-add killed
groups without them showing up as foreign groups?

--
#include <disclaimer.h>				/* Sten Drescher */
1973 Steelers    About Three Bricks Shy of a Load    1994 Steelers