* Buffer mode lines
@ 1995-12-11 14:00 Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-12-11 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

It has been brought to my attention that the Gnus buffer lines don't
actually have the buffer names displayed anywhere.  (I actually just
hadn't thought about it before -- doesn't everybody know that the
buffer that lists the groups is called "*Group*"?  No?  Oh, well.
It's branded into my brain.  :-)

So the next release will have mode lines that look like
"-- Gnus: *Group* {nntp:ifi}"  (or whatever).  That goes for all mode
lines.  I've also changed the default of `gnus-mode-non-string-length'
to nil, which means that Gnus will not chop off too long mode line
strings, and will not "pad" the mode lines.

I think the old mode lines were blatant un-Emacsisms.  They were
prettier, though.

--
Home is where the cat is.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-12-11 14:00 UTC | newest]