* Outgoing messages
@ 1995-12-13 11:32 Dan Lewi Harkestad
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Dan Lewi Harkestad @ 1995-12-13 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I'm using sgnus 0.21 to read my mail and news. However, I would
like to save all the messages I'm sending. Currently, I'm using the
FCC header to save them in a file called ~/Mail/sent, and I have an
nnfolder:sent group to access the file. However, this is slightly
unsatisfactory, especially since I can never see to whom the message
was sent, and also because I would like to use the nnml backend
instead.

Then I discovered the 'gnus-outgoing-message-group' variable. However,
it doesn't work. I created an nnml:archive (as suggested) and sat the
variable to the same,
(setq gnus-outgoing-message-group "nnml:archive")
but no message is ever saved in that group. What's wrong? Is it
unimplemented?

I'm also using MIME (the metamail package). However, mime-mode-exit
(which encodes the post/email) is never called. I can circumvent this
by quitting MIME mode and then reentering, and mime-mode-exit is
called automatically before the email is sent. Problem is, I cannot do
that when replying MIME quoted-printable messages. So... Anyone else
seen this? Might be the wrong place to ask, but since I was at it in
the first place...

Cheers,
Dan

--
Dan Lewi Harkestad    <d.l.harkestad@labmed.uio.no>
The National Hospital (Rikshospitalet)

http://rhpc128.uio.no/danlh/home.htm
"I ache, therefore I am..." - Marvin, the paranoid android

* Re: Outgoing messages
@ 1995-12-13 12:32 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1995-12-13 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

You can add "~/Mail/sent" to nnmail-spool-file.  That way outgoing
mail will be split and threaded together with incomming mail, making
it easy to see where a particular message belongs in a discussion.

* Re: Outgoing messages
@ 1995-12-13 14:37 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1995-12-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d.l.harkestad

  Dan> I'm also using MIME (the metamail package). However,
  Dan> mime-mode-exit (which encodes the post/email) is never
  Dan> called. I can circumvent this by quitting MIME mode and then
  Dan> reentering, and mime-mode-exit is called automatically before
  Dan> the email is sent. Problem is, I cannot do that when replying
  Dan> MIME quoted-printable messages. So... Anyone else seen this?
  Dan> Might be the wrong place to ask, but since I was at it in the
  Dan> first place...

I'm using Gnus 5.1 and the following seems to work fine:

(defun mime-mode-exit-maybe ()
  (or (not mime-mode-flag) (mime-mode-exit)))
(add-hook 'mail-send-hook 'mime-mode-exit-maybe)

YMMV, though.
        \kai{}
--
Sometimes you lose; sometimes you just don't win.

* Re: Outgoing messages
@ 1995-12-13 14:45   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1995-12-13 14:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: d.l.harkestad

  Per> You can add "~/Mail/sent" to nnmail-spool-file.  That way
  Per> outgoing mail will be split and threaded together with
  Per> incomming mail, making it easy to see where a particular
  Per> message belongs in a discussion.

Does sgnus know how to add the sender in this case (ie when FCC
processing)?  I have circumvented it by using BCC (mail-self-blind set
to t) and Mailagent (a Procmail-like program) to store all mail from
me in a file foobar, then adding that to the nnmail-spool-file list.

        \kai{}
--

@ 1995-12-13 17:30 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-12-13 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Lewi Harkestad <d.l.harkestad@labmed.uio.no> writes:

> Then I discovered the 'gnus-outgoing-message-group' variable. However,
> it doesn't work. I created an nnml:archive (as suggested) and sat the
> variable to the same,
> (setq gnus-outgoing-message-group "nnml:archive")
> but no message is ever saved in that group. What's wrong? Is it
> unimplemented?

`gnus-inews-insert-gcc' was only called when composing news, not
mail.  Fix in September 0.22.

--
Home is where the cat is.