* frame problems
@ 1996-07-13 21:12 Darren/Torin/Who Ever...
From: Darren/Torin/Who Ever... @ 1996-07-13 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: frame problems
@ 1996-07-14 13:45 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-14 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Darren/Torin/Who Ever..." <torin@daft.com> writes:

> My problem comes if I didn't remember to quit back to the *Group* level
> in Gnus before switching frames.  If I just switch to an existing
> Summary buffer and ask it to display an Article, it does.
> Unfortunately, it displays it on the X Frame that I can't see.  Could
> gnus have a setting that tells it to restrict itself to one frame.  That
> way if I ask to see an Article, it will come up in *this* frame.

Well, hm.  No, I don't think so -- it's perfectly legitimate to have
the article buffer in a different frame than the summary buffer.

Setting `gnus-single-article-buffer' to nil will probably help some,
though.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: frame problems
@ 1996-07-14 16:58 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-07-14 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: Newsreader/Mailer of the Gods

Darren> I'm currently using Gnus under XEmacs and I have both tty and
Darren> X-Window frames.

Darren> My problem comes if I didn't remember to quit back to the
Darren> *Group* level in Gnus before switching frames.  If I just
Darren> switch to an existing Summary buffer and ask it to display an
Darren> Article, it does.  Unfortunately, it displays it on the X
Darren> Frame that I can't see.

This is due to an XEmacs bug.  Hopefully to be fixed in 19.15.  An
already displayed window is preferred over a new window in certain
operations (like the one you're attempting), even though the already
displayed window may be impossible to see.  A little side-effect is
that your keyboard focus also got thrown at the other window.

> To: ding@ifi.uio.no (Newsreader/Mailer of the Gods)
Lars does seem to spend a lot of time on aegir.ifi.uio.no  :-)

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.