* Topics screwed up ! How do I reset ?
@ 1996-09-30 11:34 Arne Elofsson
From: Arne Elofsson @ 1996-09-30 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi

I am still using september gnus.

When I un n topics mode everything is screwed up. I have several
copies of some news groups, when I do j newsgroup this ends up
somewhere else. It is just chaos.

My questions are
1) How do I start with a clean topics.
2) Has this problem been fixed in later versions.
3) How do I avoid this. (I think it might be because I moved groups
around alot.)

thanxs

arne
      From: Arne Elofsson         Email: arne@rune.biokemi.su.se
      Tel:+46(0)8-161553   WWW:  http://www.biokemi.su.se/~arne/

* Re: Topics screwed up ! How do I reset ?
@ 1996-10-01  3:56 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-01  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Arne Elofsson <arne@rune.biokemi.su.se> writes:

> When I un n topics mode everything is screwed up. I have several
> copies of some news groups, when I do j newsgroup this ends up
> somewhere else. It is just chaos.

This has been fixed in Red Gnus now, I think.

> My questions are
> 1) How do I start with a clean topics.

Uhm...  Try editing the .newsrc.eld file to remove all the topic
stuff.

> 2) Has this problem been fixed in later versions.

Yes.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* Re: Topics screwed up ! How do I reset ?
@ 1996-10-08 23:18 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1996-10-08 23:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 30 Sep 1996 13:34:15 +0200, Arne Elofsson wrote:

> My questions are
> 1) How do I start with a clean topics.

Me too!

Seriously, I have groups in multiple topics, and would like to just
trash everything and start from scratch.

Is this as simple as quitting gnus, deleting `gnus-topic-alist' and
`gnus-topic-topology' from .newsrc.eld, quitting emacs, and restarting?

Please tell me "yes".

--
Colin

ps. Does anyone remember the names of the anarchist associations in
    Ursella K. LeGuin's novel "The Dispossessed"?  I think that may be a
    good name for the development team.

* Re: Topics screwed up ! How do I reset ?
@ 1996-10-10 22:33   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-10-10 22:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colin Rafferty <craffert@spspme.ml.com> writes:

> Seriously, I have groups in multiple topics, and would like to just
> trash everything and start from scratch.
>
> Is this as simple as quitting gnus, deleting `gnus-topic-alist' and
> `gnus-topic-topology' from .newsrc.eld, quitting emacs, and restarting?
>
> Please tell me "yes".

"Yes."

There should probably be a command to do this for you.  I've now added
this to the todo list.