* Annotations
@ 1996-03-04 19:23 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1996-03-04 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've seen shared MH directories and discuss groups (kind of like usenet, but
supports a server side "flag") used as a kind of poor man's bug tracking
system.

I think Gnus should support both client side user flags, saved in the .newsrc
and server side user flags, saved in the group for those servers that support
it.  Server side flags are really useful, and they could be implemented as
special Annotations that Gnus provides keystrokes for entering and Gnus
recognizes when generating Summary buffers.

greg

* Re: Annotations
@ 1996-03-17 13:21 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-17 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

gsstark@MIT.EDU (Greg Stark) writes:

> I think Gnus should support both client side user flags, saved in
> the .newsrc and server side user flags, saved in the group for those
> servers that support it.  Server side flags are really useful, and
> they could be implemented as special Annotations that Gnus provides
> keystrokes for entering and Gnus recognizes when generating Summary
> buffers.

Yup, both things would probably be useful.

When time comes to implement this, we'd better find out how server
side flags are most commonly stored now (babyl flags, mbox Status:,
mh whatever, etc.)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen