* gnus-format-specs followup
@ 1996-03-22  4:09 d. hall
From: d. hall @ 1996-03-22  4:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
			  ``I focus on the pain
			The only thing that's real''

				~ nine inch nails, hurt

* Re: gnus-format-specs followup
@ 1996-03-22 18:48 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-22 18:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

"d. hall" <dhall@illusion.apk.net> writes:

> And then when you're back into gnus, M-x gnus-compile,
> which will rebuild the gnus-format-specs.

Just set `gnus-format-specs' to nil at any point;  Gnus will rebuild
it automatically.

> Out of curiousity, did the adding to this list slow down gnus startup and
> buffer formatting?

No, it speeds things up.  :-)  It means that the specs don't have to
be recompiled each time you start Gnus.

* Re: gnus-format-specs followup
@ 1996-03-22 21:48   ` d. hall
From: d. hall @ 1996-03-22 21:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

--
	  ``He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see''

				~ nine inch nails, heresy

* Re: gnus-format-specs followup
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-22 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

dhall@illusion.apk.net (d. hall) writes:

> Well I knew that... I mean did adding about 250 nodes of emacs-version slow
> things down any (to the point of negating gnus-format-specs speed-up).

Perhaps.  It doesn't matter much, does it?

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen