* Babyl Updating..
@ 1995-11-29  7:59 Patrick Audley
From: Patrick Audley @ 1995-11-29  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I _love_ the sgnus support for reading mail, but I share my
mail box with VM sometimes.  Is there anyway to have gnus update the
unseen status (and perhaps even flag expired messages as deleted ala
Rmail).

	Secondly, my mail file seems to bloat to 2M and stay steadily
there..  I am expiring all my read mail and have the expiry days set
to one, what am I doing wrong?

					Thanks.

--
... I Still miss my ex-wife.....BUT, My aim is improving!
/*----------------------------------------------------------------.

* Re: Babyl Updating..
@ 1995-11-29  9:22 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1995-11-29  9:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Patrick> Secondly, my mail file seems to bloat to 2M and stay
  Patrick> steadily there..  I am expiring all my read mail and have
  Patrick> the expiry days set to one, what am I doing wrong?

There are a number of things:  First, messages must be explicitly
marked for expiry (E, I think) to be expirable unless the total-expire
parameter is set for the particular group (then, read messages are
expirable, too).  Secondly, no expirable message is deleted from disk
unless you call the expire function (C-M-c from the *Group* buffer or
something).

hth,
        \kai{}
--
Have you hugged your signature today?

* Re: Babyl Updating..
@ 1995-11-29 17:55 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-11-29 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Audley <paudley@portal.ca> writes:

> 	I _love_ the sgnus support for reading mail, but I share my
> mail box with VM sometimes.  Is there anyway to have gnus update the
> unseen status (and perhaps even flag expired messages as deleted ala
> Rmail).

This is on the todo list, but it might take a while.

--
Home is where the cat is.

* Re: Babyl Updating..
@ 1995-11-29 19:17   ` Steven L. Baur
From: Steven L. Baur @ 1995-11-29 19:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Kai> There are a number of things: First, messages must be
    Kai> explicitly marked for expiry (E, I think) to be expirable
    Kai> unless the total-expire parameter is set for the particular
    Kai> group (then, read messages are expirable, too).  Secondly, no
    Kai> expirable message is deleted from disk unless you call the
    Kai> expire function (C-M-c from the *Group* buffer or something).

This isn't true of all backends.  Expiration is performed automatically
on quit out of *Summary* buffer if any articles are marked for expire
in nnml groups, for example.

--
steve@miranova.com baur