* expiring articles
@ 1996-03-27 17:53 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-03-27 17:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

I would like to add expiration to nntp.el.  How do I do this?  To be
precise, how do I find out if an article is expirable?

I know of the function nnmail-expired-article-p, but how do I find out
the TIME argument to call it?

tia,
        kai
--
There ain't no cure for the summer time blues.

* Re: expiring articles
@ 1996-03-29 16:10 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-29 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjoh@dusty.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> I would like to add expiration to nntp.el.  How do I do this?  To be
> precise, how do I find out if an article is expirable?
>
> I know of the function nnmail-expired-article-p, but how do I find out
> the TIME argument to call it?

Well, you need to get some form of date from the backend.  nndb could
just use the Date header of the message, and just call
`nnmail-date-to-time' to get a TIME.  Or nndb could store the arrival
date of the message somewhere -- which is what, say, nnfolder does.
(It adds an extra header.)