* New mail message did not appear in *Group* buffer (sgnus 0.21)
@ 1995-12-14 17:42 Richard Stanton
From: Richard Stanton @ 1995-12-14 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

I just pressed "g" to read new mail (and news). Most of the group
totals were updated in the *Group* buffer, but the last message to
arrive should have been allocated to nnbabyl:mail.emacs, yet this
group (which was not displayed at the time, since it had zero unread
messages) was not updated.

I then displayed the group (pressing "L") and pressed ESC-g, but
nothing changed. I went to look at the rmail buffer, and found that
the message was there, and that the group headers had been correctly
added. When I went back to the *Group* buffer and pressed ESC-g again,
the message counter was this time changed from 0 to 1.

Odd.

Richard Stanton

* Re: New mail message did not appear in *Group* buffer (sgnus 0.21)
@ 1995-12-14 19:38 ` The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys
From: The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys @ 1995-12-14 19:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

stanton@haas.berkeley.edu (Richard Stanton) writes:

> I just pressed "g" to read new mail (and news). Most of the group
> totals were updated in the *Group* buffer, but the last message to
> arrive should have been allocated to nnbabyl:mail.emacs, yet this
> group (which was not displayed at the time, since it had zero unread
> messages) was not updated.
>
> I then displayed the group (pressing "L") and pressed ESC-g, but
> nothing changed. I went to look at the rmail buffer, and found that
> the message was there, and that the group headers had been correctly
> added. When I went back to the *Group* buffer and pressed ESC-g again,
> the message counter was this time changed from 0 to 1.

The group in question doesn't live on a high level?  If Gnus only
activates foreign groups on level 4 and down and this group is on
level 5, this is exactly the behavior you'd see...

--
Your bug processing zombie for the evening has been Lars Magne
Ingebrigtsen.  If you want an explanation on what you have just read,

* Re: New mail message did not appear in *Group* buffer (sgnus 0.21)
@ 1995-12-15 19:07 ` The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys
From: The Gnus Bugfixing Girls + Boys @ 1995-12-15 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)