* Re: entering nndir without .overview retrieves each article twice.
       [not found] <199510302143.NAA03031@steffi.accessone.com>
@ 1995-11-02  3:40 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-11-02  3:40 UTC (permalink / raw)

Robert Nicholson <robert@steffi.accessone.com> writes:

> When there is no .overview file in an nndir group should gnus retrieve
> each article twice upon entering the group?

Probably.  It tries to read the head of the articles in 1k gulps.
(Most heads are less than 1k.)  `nnheader-insert-head' reads until it
finds a blank line, or it has read 4k, whichever comes first.

In fact, I've never tried whether the current implementation is any
faster than just inserting the entire file into the buffer and
removing the body.  Does anybody feel up to doing some timings?

--
Home is where the cat is.

only message in thread, other threads:[~1995-11-02  3:40 UTC | newest]