* Re: adaptive apostrophes
       [not found] <"25611 Mon Sep 9 10:02:31 1996"@bnr.ca>
@ 1996-09-09 16:38 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-09-09 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

"jeff (j.d.) sparkes" <jsparkes@nortel.ca> writes:

> I'm trying out adaptive word scoring.  One thing I've noticed is that
> I get high scores for s, t, and m.  I suspect that these are coming
> from apostrophes.  There are at least two options:
> 1. just remove the apostrophes inatead of using them as a separator.
>    This will add words like dont and im, but will have the desired
>    effect.
> 2. don't add one letter word score.  And maybe not two letters words
>    either.   This is probably good even if the above is implemented

I've now made ' be a word-constituant character when doing adaptive
scoring.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen

* adaptive apostrophes
@ 1996-09-09 13:50 jeff (j.d.) sparkes
From: jeff (j.d.) sparkes @ 1996-09-09 13:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Jeff Sparkes jsparkes@nortel.ca	  		Nortel, Ottawa (613)765-2503
"Egad Brain, you astound me!"  "I'm afraid I always will, Pinky."

--
Jeff Sparkes
jsparkes@nortel.ca    Nortel, Ottawa, Ontario, Canada 	613-765-2503