* Yet another Red Gnus Feature Request...
@ 1996-02-28  9:34 d. hall
From: d. hall @ 1996-02-28  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
             ``I'm sorry Mr. President.  I don't dance.''

                                ~ from clear and present danger

* Re: Yet another Red Gnus Feature Request...
@ 1996-02-28 18:55 ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-02-28 18:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

d> I had gnus and netscape running at the same time *shiver* and over the din
d> of my computer switching to swap space, I thought of having the message
d> mini-buf displaying what Gnus "can do" with an outlined button.

The XEmacs toolbar already works this way.  I would assume the same
sort of thing can be used on buttonized text as well.

--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be proofread for $250/hour.

* Re: Yet another Red Gnus Feature Request...
@ 1996-02-29  8:57   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-02-29  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> d> I had gnus and netscape running at the same time *shiver* and over the din
> d> of my computer switching to swap space, I thought of having the message
> d> mini-buf displaying what Gnus "can do" with an outlined button.
>
> The XEmacs toolbar already works this way.  I would assume the same
> sort of thing can be used on buttonized text as well.

I don't know, actually.  How would one do that?

* Re: Yet another Red Gnus Feature Request...
@ 1996-02-29 21:00     ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-02-29 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:
d> I had gnus and netscape running at the same time *shiver* and over the din
d> of my computer switching to swap space, I thought of having the message
d> mini-buf displaying what Gnus "can do" with an outlined button.

>> The XEmacs toolbar already works this way.  I would assume the same
>> sort of thing can be used on buttonized text as well.

Lars> I don't know, actually.  How would one do that?

It's easy, this is Emacs.

(set-extent-property extent 'help-echo "String to display in minibuf")

This requires prim/mode-motion.el and some hook setting to work, but
is already loaded and ready if you have the toolbar enabled.  The only
documentation I could find was the source code itself.

--

@ 1996-03-01  9:04       ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-03-01  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> It's easy, this is Emacs.
>
> (set-extent-property extent 'help-echo "String to display in minibuf")

Or rather, that is XEmacs.  :-)

I've now added this to the Red Gnus todo list.