From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <larsi@ifi.uio.no>
Subject: Gnus v5.2.8 is released
Date: 05 Jun 1996 17:34:01 +0000	[thread overview]

Bug fixes.

Get it from <URL:http://www.ifi.uio.no/~larsi/gnus.tar.gz> or
"ftp.ifi.uio.no:/pub/emacs/gnus/".

ChangeLog since last release:

Wed Jun  5 17:17:00 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@trym.ifi.uio.no>

	* nndoc.el (nndoc-type-alist): New babyl head begin.
	(nndoc-babyl-head-begin): New function.

Wed Jun  5 16:26:55 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@hler.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus.el (gnus-summary-save-article): Remove headers.

Wed Jun  5 18:16:55 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@ylfing.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus.el (gnus-read-old-newsrc-el-file): Would bug out.

Wed Jun  5 12:43:22 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <larsi@hler.ifi.uio.no>

	* gnus-score.el: `V f' to flush the cache.
	(gnus-score-flush-cache): Save scores before flushing.

	* gnus-cite.el (gnus-cite-prefix-regexp): Removed "-" as cite
	prefix.

	* gnus.el (gnus-summary-caesar-message): Use message.

	* gnus-cite.el (gnus-cite-prefix-regexp): Allow "-" as a cite
	prefix.

	* nnvirtual.el (nnvirtual-convert-headers): Wouldn't convert.

	* gnus-cus.el (()): Have `gnus-mouse-face' respect gnus-visual.

Wed Jun  5 12:52:15 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <lars@eyesore.no>

	* dgnushack.el (custom-file): Changed setq.

Tue Jun  4 13:46:45 1996  Scott Byer  <byer@mv.us.adobe.com>

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-read-folder) Take an additional parameter,
 	scanning, which is t when we are only scanning for new news.  In
 	this case, if the modtime of the file hasn't changed since we last
 	scanned it, we don't bother reading the file in, and simply return
 	nil.  When we do scan it, pay attention to the
 	nnfolder-distrust-mbox variable, and only scan forward from the
 	last marked message when nil.  After scanning, remember the
 	modtime of the visited buffer.

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-save-mail) If nnfolder-current-buffer is
 	nil, make sure any open group is closed before changing the group
 	- in the case where a group was opened for scanning but not read
 	in because it wasn't touched, this forces the read.

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-possibly-change-group) Take an additional
 	optional variable, which indicated if we're scanning.  Passes it
 	on to nnfolder-read-folder, and is prepared for
 	nnfolder-read-folder to return nil for nnfolder-current-buffer.
  	If we get a request to change to the currently open group, and
 	nnfolder-current-buffer is nil (we're on the tail end of a scan),
 	simply return.

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-request-scan) Inform
 	nnfolder-possibly-change-group that we're scanning.

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-scantime-alist) New internal variable.
  	Keep track of the last scantime of each mbox.

	* nnfolder.el (nnfolder-distrust-mbox) New variable.  When t,
 	nnfolder-read-folder reverts to it's old behavior of scanning an
 	entire file looking for unmarked messages.  When nil (the
 	default), scans forward from the last marked message.  Unless you
 	have an external mailer which inserts new messages in the middle
 	of your mailboxes, leave nil.

Wed Jun  5 09:20:38 1996  Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen  <lars@eyesore.no>

	* message.el (message-goto-body): Expand abbrev.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen