* piping of marked articles
@ 1996-05-23 22:31 Justin Zaglio
From: Justin Zaglio @ 1996-05-23 22:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to do this under Gnus (.91):
	I have a large number of articles (say, 100 or so) in an nnml
spool file, each article having only a few lines of text; I can easily
process mark the articlesp using M P R or along those lines, but then I
would like to pipe *all* the marked articles through a shell script.
The problem is this: Gnus seems to pipe *each* article one by one
through the shell script; this is not what I want.  I would Gnus to
concatenate the text from all the articles and *then* pipe the Whole
Thing through the script.

I must be missing something here...

Thanks much.

->justin

P.S.  This is done daily, so I would like to make it as easy as
possible.  If it were only a one-time thing, then I would just dump
them to a file, etc.

* Re: piping of marked articles
@ 1996-05-23 22:36 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-05-23 22:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Justin Zaglio <justin@watsun.cc.columbia.edu> writes:

> 	I have a large number of articles (say, 100 or so) in an nnml
> spool file, each article having only a few lines of text; I can easily
> process mark the articlesp using M P R or along those lines, but then I
> would like to pipe *all* the marked articles through a shell script.
> The problem is this: Gnus seems to pipe *each* article one by one
> through the shell script; this is not what I want.  I would Gnus to
> concatenate the text from all the articles and *then* pipe the Whole
> Thing through the script.

I don't think this is currently possible.  You could `X o' the
articles first and then pipe the result, but that's kinda yucky.

I've added this to the Red Gnus todo list.

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen