* Keywords in Gnus mail
@ 1996-06-29 15:17 Eric J. Swenson
From: Eric J. Swenson @ 1996-06-29 15:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

A feature that I miss from Babyl now that I'm using Gnus to read all
my mail, is the ability to associate an arbitrary keyword (or set of
keywords) with messages and then be able to locate messages with
keywords.  I realize that with the nnmail-split support, that the need
for keywords is reduced, but there are still cases where I want
messages grouped in separate mail files, but within a mail file, I'd
like to tag messages with keywords and then be able to search on them
via keywords.

Is there any support planned for Gnus for message keywords, or any
alternative way of accomplishing the same?  Thanks.

-- Eric

* Re: Keywords in Gnus mail
@ 1996-07-02  6:32 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-02  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

ejs@borland.com (Eric J. Swenson) writes:

> A feature that I miss from Babyl now that I'm using Gnus to read all
> my mail, is the ability to associate an arbitrary keyword (or set of
> keywords) with messages and then be able to locate messages with
> keywords.

Annotation/keyword support is on the Red Gnus todo list.

* Re: Keywords in Gnus mail
@ 1996-07-03  1:09   ` Ken Raeburn
From: Ken Raeburn @ 1996-07-03  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

>[...] is on the Red Gnus todo list.

If September started in October or so, when does Red start?
After orangy-yellow, like the color on the T-shirts?
Does that mean it will wait until the T-shirts are all sold?
I guess that would follow from Lars' comment in the web page about
needing some new CDs, huh?

* Re: Keywords in Gnus mail
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-07-04  2:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ken Raeburn <raeburn@cygnus.com> writes:

> >[...] is on the Red Gnus todo list.
>
> If September started in October or so, when does Red start?
> After orangy-yellow, like the color on the T-shirts?
> Does that mean it will wait until the T-shirts are all sold?
> I guess that would follow from Lars' comment in the web page about
> needing some new CDs, huh?

Definitely.  I refuse to write one single new line of code until I get
some new music.  :-)

  larsi@ifi.uio.no * Lars Ingebrigtsen