* Wish List Item -- Fontification after decryption
@ 1996-01-16 17:25 Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-01-16 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

It would be nice to have the usual article display stuffs (citation
highlighting, signature hiding, etc.) done after decryption of an
encrypted message.

There also needs to be a quick way to turn off the new drafts
mechanism (and autosaving) when composing messages that will be PGP
encrypted.

--
steve@miranova.com baur

* Re: Wish List Item -- Fontification after decryption
@ 1996-01-16 22:49 ` Patrick J. LoPresti
From: Patrick J. LoPresti @ 1996-01-16 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Wish List Item -- Fontification after decryption
@ 1996-01-17  2:51   ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-17  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

"Patrick J. LoPresti" <patl@eiffel.lcs.mit.edu> writes:

> Actually, it DOES do this under the current Gnus 5, which has this
> line in gnus-summary-edit-article-done:
>
> 	(and gnus-visual (run-hooks 'gnus-visual-mark-article-hook))

That only takes care of the summary line.  I've now added calls to
`gnus-article-display-hook' to that function.

--
Home is where the cat is.

* Re: Wish List Item -- Fontification after decryption
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-17 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> What do you think of the idea of having Gnus do customization to
> the Mail and News editing menus (similar to the menus I contributed to
> tm)?

It's a good idea.  Gnus adds new functions to the *mail* and
*post-news* buffers, but they can be hard to find without menu bar
entries.

> FYI  your message arrived with this References: header:

Yup.  It's the `warn' thing in `nnmail-treat-duplicates' at work.  (I
managed to put all my mail through the mail splitting process twice
while testing some stuff, so all the mail was recognized as
"duplicates".)

--
Home is where the cat is.

* Re: Wish List Item -- Fontification after decryption
@ 1996-01-17  4:00   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1996-01-17  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars> Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:
>> There also needs to be a quick way to turn off the new drafts
>> mechanism (and autosaving) when composing messages that will be PGP
>> encrypted.

Lars> Yup.  Would adding a command (like, uhm, `C-c M-d') to *mail* and
Lars> *post-news* buffers to dissociate the buffer from the draft group do
Lars> the trick?

Yes.  C-c M-d is a real finger twister, which is actually O.K. for an
``unsafe'' operation.

       [not found] <n37n7v34@totally-fudged-out-message-id>
@ 1996-01-17  2:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-17  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> There also needs to be a quick way to turn off the new drafts
> mechanism (and autosaving) when composing messages that will be PGP
> encrypted.

Yup.  Would adding a command (like, uhm, `C-c M-d') to *mail* and
*post-news* buffers to dissociate the buffer from the draft group do
the trick?

--
Home is where the cat is.