* Feature reqs: `/' in group buffer and limiting criteria
@ 1996-07-03  6:11 Jason L Tibbitts III
From: Jason L Tibbitts III @ 1996-07-03  6:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've seen this mentioned before, I keep wishing I could use it, and nn can
do it, so it seems like a good idea for a feature request:

Make something like gnus-summary-limit-to-* in the group buffer that
selects the group and shows only those articles that match.  `/' is
conveniently free in the group buffer.

This probably isn't a big deal unless the speed of group entry can somehow
be increased.  I often do "C-u SPC (wait wait wait) / a" to pick some
useful old articles from an archive.  If the limiting can be done before
the summary buffer is generated this could be a big win.

Also, (to go with the above) it would be nice if you could limit by age
somehow (say, all articles less than one week old) and possibly limit by
multiple criteria (keep prompting for more things to limit by).

I can stop dreaming now, I guess.
--
      Jason L. Tibbitts III - tibbs@uh.edu - 713/743-8684 - 221SR1
System Manager:  University of Houston High Performance Computing Center