* scoring in nnml groups under OS/2
@ 1995-12-19  6:37 Patrick Audley
From: Patrick Audley @ 1995-12-19  6:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

	I've noticed that scoring doesn't work in anything but my
primary method (in this case nntp).  If I have a group named
foo.tongues and an nnml:archive.foo.tongues, in the nnml group, only
the scores from the file "foo.tongues.SCORE" will be used.  I tried
creating a "archive.foo.tongues.SCORE" file, but this was never used.

	Finally after much browsing of the source I noticed that Gnus
was looking for a file called "nnml:archive...".  Unfortunately, under
OS/2, you can't have colons in the file names.  Other than patching
_all_ the sources, does anyone have an easier solution?

						Thanks.

--
... When all else fails,
   Destroy all evidence that you tried and become a hermit.

* Re: scoring in nnml groups under OS/2
@ 1995-12-20  2:54 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1995-12-20  2:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Patrick Audley <paudley@portal.ca> writes:

> 	Finally after much browsing of the source I noticed that Gnus
> was looking for a file called "nnml:archive...".  Unfortunately, under
> OS/2, you can't have colons in the file names.  Other than patching
> _all_ the sources, does anyone have an easier solution?

*Grumblesmurf* I've now added a `gnus-file-name-translation-table'
variable to September 0.26 which might help with this persistent (ha!
I got use that word today as well!) problem.

Since I don't have access to an OS/2 machine, etc, caveat emptor, send
me bug reports, and so on.

--
Home is where the cat is.