* nnimap: getting a true new article count?
@ 2001-08-28  7:13 Mats Lidell
From: Mats Lidell @ 2001-08-28  7:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

For a while now I've been actively reading my mail from different
locations. I think I have a rough idea why Gnus tells me there is new
articles in a group when all are actually read from some other
place. This is correctly observed after entering the group.

But it is getting booring to enter group just to find out I already
read everything from home last night. What I would like to have is a
way to go through all my nnimap groups automatically just to find or
update the real number of new articles. I don't mind if it takes a few
minutes. It will be faster than doing it by hand.

Maybe there such functionality already somewhere inside gnus?

Yours
--
%% Mats

* Re: nnimap: getting a true new article count?
@ 2001-08-28  7:53 ` Simon Josefsson
From: Simon Josefsson @ 2001-08-28  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 28 Aug 2001, Mats Lidell wrote:

> But it is getting booring to enter group just to find out I already
> read everything from home last night. What I would like to have is a
> way to go through all my nnimap groups automatically just to find or
> update the real number of new articles. I don't mind if it takes a few
> minutes. It will be faster than doing it by hand.
>
> Maybe there such functionality already somewhere inside gnus?

If you use topics, does M-g on the top-level topic work?

* Re: nnimap: getting a true new article count?
@ 2001-08-28 12:00   ` Mats Lidell
From: Mats Lidell @ 2001-08-28 12:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Simon> If you use topics, does M-g on the top-level topic work?

No. It returned very quickly. I saw something like nnml flashing in
the minibuffer.

However on the sub-topic where I keep my nnimap-folders it did
something. Maybe a little too much actually. It went through _all_ of
my nnimap folders and some _old_ deleted folders as well (wherever it
got that information from) but everything seems OK afterward.

It should be enough though just to visit the folders that might have
new articles. Going through everything makes the manual approach
interesting again.

Yours
--
%% Mats