When in the *Summary* buffer, I have problems when I try to fetch parent articles with ^. For example, I'm reading gmane.emacs.gnus.general from news.gmane.org; the first article that I see in the Unable to customize group in very recent Oort thread is <4n65ss2347.fsf@lockgroove.bwh.harvard.edu> When I press ^ to get that message's parent, I get a message about the article being a pseudo-article. When I look in the " *nntpd*" buffer, I see the headers of <86wulirxo7.fsf@asfast.com>, the requested parent article. I have set debug-on-error to t to generate the attached back trace; I also have included the " *nntpd*" buffer and relevant sections from my ~/.gnus. One odd thing is that it doesn't always happen. If I select from the nnoo bug - unable to open secondary nntp server when offline thread and press ^, I see . However, if I press ^ on that article I get the pseudo-article error, and " *nntpd*" contains the headers of the parent, . Thanks, -Mark Oort Gnus v0.13 XEmacs 21.4 (patch 11) "Native Windows TTY Support" [Lucid] (i686-pc-linux, Mule) of Mon Jan 6 2003 on svelte.home 200 main.gmane.org InterNetNews NNRP server INN 2.3.2 ready (posting ok).