* adaptive score on threads and author
@ 1999-08-19 12:21 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1999-08-19 12:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Currently (pgnus 0.84 in my case) adaptive scoring is on subject and
author.

Does anyone know of a way that would make it work on thread and author
instead?  Often it is a subthread that takes completely off, while
other parts of the thread stays on subject.

Or will that be too computing intensive?

* Re: adaptive score on threads and author
@ 1999-08-19 18:05 ` Michael Welsh Duggan
From: Michael Welsh Duggan @ 1999-08-19 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:

> Currently (pgnus 0.84 in my case) adaptive scoring is on subject and
> author.
>
> Does anyone know of a way that would make it work on thread and author
> instead?  Often it is a subthread that takes completely off, while
> other parts of the thread stays on subject.
>
> Or will that be too computing intensive?

You should be able to modify `gnus-default-adaptive-score-alist' to
suit.  Described in the "Adaptive Scoring" node in the info file.

     The headers you can score on are `from', `subject', `message-id',
  `references', `xref', `lines', `chars' and `date'.  In addition, you
  can score on `followup', which will create an adaptive score entry
  that matches on the `References' header using the `Message-ID' of
  the current article, thereby matching the following thread.

--
Michael Duggan
(md5i@cs.cmu.edu)