From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Subject: Re: [Q] multiple nnimap server entries in 5.8.4
Date: 04 Mar 2000 22:04:49 +0100	[thread overview]

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>> Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no> writes:
>>
>> > But gnus-secondary-select-methods, is set in this manner:
>> > 	(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
>> > 	      '((nnml "") (nnimap "tyr.metis.no")))
>> >
>> > If I change the second entry there, it should fix things, I hope.
>>
>> I'm not sure if nnimap can use the name as the server host -- I always
>> thought one had to specify the host name in an extra nnimap-address
>> parameter.

> No, `(nnimap "mymailserver")' is quite OK.  (But it does result in
> long group names, so people might prefer `(nnimap "" (nnimap-address
> "mymailserver"))' anyway.)

When I do this:
	(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
	      '((nnml "")
		(nnimap ""
			(nnimap-address "tyr.metis.no")
			(nnimap-list-pattern
			 ("INBOX"
			  ("imap/" . "*"))))))
I get a server buffer that looks like this:
     {nnfolder:archive} (closed)
     {nndraft:} (opened)
     {nnfolder:} (opened)
     {nnimap:tyr.metis.no} (opened)
     {nnimap:} (denied)
     {nnml:} (opened)
     {nntp:news.eunet.no} (opened)

But when I try to open the "{nnimap:}" server, I get the message
	Unable to contact server : nil

Is there something wrong in the syntax of the setting of
gnus-secondary-select-methods above?

Is there a way to rename an nnimap group with a long name like this:
	nnimap+tyr.metis.no:imap/metis.sysadm
to something shorter, other than opening the new server, subscribing
to the new nnimap group (I have to do it this way, because I'm not
allowed to give nnimap groups with slashes in their names manually)?