* installing's gnus info
@ 1996-10-31  3:19 Robert Nicholson
From: Robert Nicholson @ 1996-10-31  3:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

How to people install gnus info under xemacs?

xemacs already ships with gnus and xemacs's info doesn't show a local
package with the same name and a package defined in (dir)

* Re: installing's gnus info
@ 1996-10-31  7:06 ` David Moore
From: David Moore @ 1996-10-31  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> How to people install gnus info under xemacs?

I have this line in my .emacs file:

(setq Info-default-directory-list
      (cons "/export/tmp/rgnus-0.53/texi" Info-default-directory-list))

> xemacs already ships with gnus and xemacs's info doesn't show a local
> package with the same name and a package defined in (dir)

Yes, that's ok, when you click on the GNUS in the normal listing, it
just goes and finds the first file named 'gnus' in directories in
Info-default-directory-list.  Which in this case will be the red gnus
manual.

--
David Moore <dmoore@ucsd.edu>       | Computer Systems Lab      __o
UCSD Dept. Computer Science - 0114  | Work: (619) 534-8604    _ \<,_

* Re: installing's gnus info
@ 1996-10-31 14:16   ` Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 1996-10-31 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Yes, that's ok, when you click on the GNUS in the normal listing, it
> just goes and finds the first file named 'gnus' in directories in
> Info-default-directory-list.  Which in this case will be the red
> gnus manual.

That said: I think it would be a good idea to have the package release
number somewhere visible in the top level info node.

Just to avoid confusion.