* nnimap UIDVALIDITY problem on exchange server
@ 2000-06-20  7:55 Steinar Bang
From: Steinar Bang @ 2000-06-20  7:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

For a long time, I was able to read mail in my INBOX on an exchange
server.  Then last Thursday, things stopped working.  I got some very
strange behaviour, then I got messages about wrong UIDVALIDITY.

I did a G p and removed the UIDVALIDITY entry, and that removed the
error messages.

However now I am unable to read the messages using IMAP.  I see new
messages as a count of unread messages on that mail group, however
when I open it there are no new messages to be found.

I can see by using Outlook that there are actually messages there.
When I mark some messages as unread in Outlook I see a count of new
messages on the mail group, however when I enter the group there are
no messages there, and the messages are marked as read when seen from
Outlook.

I tried deleting the group with G del and then resubscribing, but this
didn't make any difference.

Does anyone have an idea what I can do to fix this?

Thanx!

- Steinar