From: Steinar Bang <sb@metis.no>
Subject: Re: Mime question - viewing sent html pages
Date: 04 Nov 1999 09:19:02 +0100	[thread overview]

> My Girlfriend like to send me webpages, like job ads etc, that she
> finds using netscape and send with the send page command.

> When I receive these pgnus automatically seem to try and reformat them
> with w3.

> I would prefer to see that there was a html attachment then launch it
> with netscape manually if I feel like viewing it.

I don't think so, but isn't it possible to make Netscape send the URL
instead of the HTML?  That should give you a buttonized URL in the
message in Gnus, that you can click on to open the page in Netscape.

In fact it seems like this is what Netscape does when I try "Send
Page" from the right-mouse-button menu in Netscape 4.7 on linux
(ie. send the URL and not the HTML page as an attachment).

I've clicked off for it to use the plain text editor when composing
messages in
        Edit->Preferences...->Mail & Newsgroups->Formatting

Maybe that makes a difference...?