* Articles disappearing w/o scoring?
@ 1996-07-07 18:39 Sudish Joseph
From: Sudish Joseph @ 1996-07-07 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm seeing this weird bug where certain newsgroups show up as empty
after they're entered.  I.e., they show new articles in the group
buffer, but are empty when entered.

I checked my scorefiles, they aren't the cause of this.  Hmm, just
verified that M-g on the group also exhibits the same behaviour, so
it's not the scoring stuff.

The group affected changes from session to session, but mostly remains
constant during a session.  Also, visiting another group then coming
back to the affected group -sometimes- cures the problem.

Anyone else seen this?  Note that it's very easy not to notice this
if you're just using "c" and "n" to get through your groups w/o
visiting the group buffer often.  You'll never notice that GNUS
skipped over a group.  I notice it only when GNUS skips over known
high-volume groups.

I don't use adaptive scoring, if it matters (I doubt it, M-g exhibits
the same behaviour).

-Sudish