* pop3-movemail works with NTemacs 20.3.1
@ 1999-04-20 15:04 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-04-20 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

I don't know what has happened, but pop3-movemail now works with NTemacs.
When we first switched to mail-sources and the default use of
pop3-movemail, I had problems with it not being able to grab mail off my
pop server.  I switched to using the movemail that was provided with
ntemacs (after not a little difficulty).

Today, I just tried pop3-movemail on a lark and it worked like a charm.  I
think I am going back to the elisp, since it gives me /some/ indication of
progress where movemail just sits there while it grabs all my mail.  After
a weekend of Lars brain dumps this takes quite a while.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: Is this "BIKINI BEACH"?

* Re: pop3-movemail works with NTemacs 20.3.1
@ 1999-04-20 18:35 ` Stainless Steel Rat
From: Stainless Steel Rat @ 1999-04-20 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ When not in use, Happy Fun Ball should be
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ returned to its special container and

* Re: pop3-movemail works with NTemacs 20.3.1
@ 1999-04-20 20:52   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-04-20 20:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

> * Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>  on Tue, 20 Apr 1999
> I don't know what has happened, but pop3-movemail now works with NTemacs.

Rat> It should never have broken, what as it was written originally for Emacs
Rat> running under Windows 95, specifically because movemail did not work.

After ruminating on this some more, I suspect I gave up on pop3-movemail
because of the other problems with mail-source around version 0.74.  Of
course, I had problems with regular movemail as well.

All's well that ends well.

Jack