* How to view article in a specified charset(difer from the Content-Type)?
@ 1999-08-11 17:12 Ching-Mo Chang
       [not found] ` <5bd7wt6978.fsf@brandy.cs.rochester.edu>
From: Ching-Mo Chang @ 1999-08-11 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

I often received mail in chinese-big5 text, but with a Content-Type
setting as below:

Gnus surely will treat the content as iso-8859-1 text. Is there a way
for me to ask guus to view the message as big5 text? (i.e. treat the
message as having a "Content-Type: text/plain; charset=big5" setting.)

Ching-Mo Chang
Chingmo@mail.onweb.com.tw

* Re: How to view article in a specified charset(difer from the Content-Type)?
       [not found] ` <5bd7wt6978.fsf@brandy.cs.rochester.edu>
@ 1999-08-12  2:14   ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-08-12  2:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

CMC> I often received mail in chinese-big5 text, but with a
CMC> Content-Type setting as below:

CMC> Gnus surely will treat the content as iso-8859-1 text. Is there a
CMC> way for me to ask guus to view the message as big5 text?
CMC> (i.e. treat the message as having a "Content-Type: text/plain;
CMC> charset=big5" setting.)

If you want treat all messages with iso-8859-1 as big5 in a group, you
can set charset to big5 and add iso-8859-1 to ignored charsets in
group parameters customizing buffer (pressing 'G C' on the group).

For a single message, you can use the following code by pressing '2 g'
on the article in summary buffer.

(defvar zsh/gnus-summary-show-article-alist
  '((1 . cn-gb-2312)
    (2 . big5)))

(require 'gnus-sum)
(defadvice gnus-summary-show-article
  (around zsh/gnus-summary-show-article first
	  (&optional arg))
  (if (numberp arg)
      (let ((gnus-newsgroup-charset
	     (or (cdr (assoc arg zsh/gnus-summary-show-article-alist))
		 (read-coding-system "Charset: "))))
	(ad-set-args 0 (list nil))
	ad-do-it)
    ad-do-it))

(ad-activate 'gnus-summary-show-article)

--
Shenghuo

* Re: How to view article in a specified charset(difer from the Content-Type)?
@ 1999-08-12  3:47     ` Shenghuo ZHU
From: Shenghuo ZHU @ 1999-08-12  3:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

CMC> I often received mail in chinese-big5 text, but with a
CMC> Content-Type setting as below:

CMC> Gnus surely will treat the content as iso-8859-1 text. Is there a
CMC> way for me to ask guus to view the message as big5 text?
CMC> (i.e. treat the message as having a "Content-Type: text/plain;
CMC> charset=big5" setting.)

ZSH> If you want treat all messages with iso-8859-1 as big5 in a
ZSH> group, you can set charset to big5 and add iso-8859-1 to ignored
ZSH> charsets in group parameters customizing buffer (pressing 'G C'
ZSH> on the group).

ZSH> For a single message, you can use the following code by pressing '2 g'
ZSH> on the article in summary buffer.

Sorry, I made a mistake.  The following code is not for this problem.