* bug, message allowed mail to go out with two from addresses
@ 1999-09-29  3:28 Greg Stark
From: Greg Stark @ 1999-09-29  3:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

I put a From header in the message because I wanted to send it from an address
other than my default. This is how emacs MUAs always worked. I'm pretty sure
message-mode used to work with these too. However this time it stuck two From
headers in, which is really evil, and probably a violation of some RFCs, at
least the GNKSA.

This may be related to having an address element in my ".*" posting style.

--
greg

* Re: bug, message allowed mail to go out with two from addresses
@ 1999-09-29 13:08 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-09-29 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

GS> I put a From header in the message because I wanted to send it from an
GS> address other than my default. This is how emacs MUAs always
GS> worked. I'm pretty sure message-mode used to work with these
GS> too. However this time it stuck two From headers in, which is really
GS> evil, and probably a violation of some RFCs, at least the GNKSA.

GS> This may be related to having an address element in my ".*" posting style.

It isn't part of the posting style code.  This code is specifically
designed to override duplicate entries, as per the info node '(gnus)Posting
Styles'.  This also happens as your *message* buffer is being generated, so
you can correct any errors.

Is it possible that you have something inserting a From line in your
message-header-setup-hook, message-send-hook or one of the dozen other
message-mode hooks?

--
Jack Vinson
Bart: I will not bribe Principal Skinner.