* Seeing all mail
@ 1999-08-04 15:11 Shaun Lipscombe
From: Shaun Lipscombe @ 1999-08-04 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I C-u ENTER into a group, it says how many to d/l (123313):
So I hit enter expecting to see them all, but there is only about
100.  Any explanation?

Thanks,

Shaun

--
          (o_
(o_  (o_  //\

* Re: Seeing all mail
@ 1999-08-05 15:27 ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-08-05 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

SL> When I C-u ENTER into a group, it says how many to d/l (123313):
SL> So I hit enter expecting to see them all, but there is only about
SL> 100.  Any explanation?

This really should be a FAQ.

Since Gnus treats all groups like newsgroups, it simply finds the
difference between the last and first article numbers.  When you have large
holes in your mail groups, Gnus will give you a high message count.

One way to "fix" this is to 'B m' all the articles back into the same
group.  This will renumber all of them sequentially.  I wouldn't bother
with this, though, unless it really bothers you to see that high article
count.

--
Jack Vinson
Zippy: I'm an East Side TYPE..