* Retrieval counts & mail message numbering
@ 1999-11-07  5:03 Thomas Hippensteele
From: Thomas Hippensteele @ 1999-11-07  5:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

that has been posted to gnu.emacs.gnus as well.

Sorry; this is probably a really basic question...

When I read mail or news, if the article count is over 200, there's a
prompt asking how many to download.

Can this number be customized?

Also, for mail, is there a way to turn it off completely?  I'll
probably always want to read all the mail.

Or, if it can't by turned off, how do I renumber the articles starting
from one?  I have about twenty undeleted messages in my mail.misc
folder, but the numbers go to 201.  So I'm prompted every time whether
or not to download headers for 201 articles, when actually they're
local files which have already been downloaded.

I'm using Pterodactyl Gnus 0.98, so I've Cc'd to the DingList.

--
Tom Hippensteele

only message in thread, other threads:[~1999-11-07  5:03 UTC | newest]